[geeks] Android Work Processor & other apps

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:38:16 CDT 2015

Needing a Kindle Reader, I purchased an Android Tablet (Dell Venue 8 with
OS 4.4.4) and downloaded the Kindle App.  The Android tablet offers a lot
more for the $$ and an opportunity to learn some Android stuff.

What is a good writing program on Android?
  - I am only downloading apps from Google play
  - I use LibreOffice on other platforms and Pages on the Mac.

What is a good "note" program?
  - "Notes" on the Mac

How to upgrade to Android 5.x?
  - Dell doesn't seem to have the upgrade

What is a good PDF reader?
  - I use Goodreader on iOS devices

Just interested in apps and things to look at while gaining experience with
the Android tablet.  I added a micro SD card to the DV8 and have a lot of
storage but haven't looked into moving anything to the SD storage.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks