[geeks] Upgraded my Ham license today...

Robert Toegel rjtoegel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 22:08:44 CST 2015

Well, a 10-20 mtr one is basically an octagonal loop a foot on a side.
Downside, very narrow bandwidth, needs to be remotely tuned, requires a
high voltage variable capacitor.  Upside, small, can work indoors, if
vertical has very deep nulls broadside, very quiet to noise.  Built a 5
foot diameter one a number a years ago.  Put it on 40 mtrs inside the house
and most reports put it about one S-unit below an outdoor dipole.  Better
than nothing.

Bob