[geeks] Upgraded my Ham license today...

Rjtoegel rjtoegel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 20:35:38 CST 2015

Probably (no offense).  I know what a Smith chart is and a little bit how to
use it.  I think I know what three state logic is but I can't see how it
applies to ham radio too much.  One day I'll bite the bullet and go for the
Extra, more for bragging rights than anything.  Congratulations on getting it
anyway, especially when you originally going for the General.
Just an update on what I'm playing with.  My Ultra80 seems to panic and dumps
when I do anything "intensive" like graphics check in SUNWvts or trying to
load Solaris 9 or 10.  Reseated the memory and CPUs but still does it.  Seems
to be random with messages.  Need to look at that some more.  The R52 laptop
has been a project.  Solaris sees everything on the miniPCI buss and some
things work (USB, PCMCIA, Ethernet port) but still working on the wifi.  Uses
Intel chips which, from what I've read are supposed to be supported but not
having much luck.  Seem to be (re)learning a lot lately.
Now, just need you hear you on the air.  I just need to get antennas up.
Working on magnetic loop antennas now.  Good for small space, can be ground
mounted and can be reasonable stealthy.

Bob

On Jan 17, 2015, at 19:04, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I spent a lot of time on General study - well, a lot of time for me, anyway
-
> and what really helped me with the General exam was that for the last week
> spent an hour or so reviewing the entire question pool, my version of it.
What
> I did was download the text of the question pool in a DOC format, highlight
> the question and correct answer in bold, then print out the question pool.
The