[geeks] mpt-statusd fun

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Feb 11 10:07:04 CST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 9:50 AM, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/02/2015 14:42, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> Can you not disable the SCSI card under Linux? I can't advise how, Linux
>> not
>>
> my area of expertise.
>>

> I don't know, perhaps I can but I don't want to do anything draconian like
> kill the mpt drivers because there's another mpt card in the machine
> running the RAID which very much needs to work. It's a tricky one :3

You might be able to remove the module for just the SCSI card, and not the
SAS card. They likely have different drivers, even though they probably
both depend on some mpt* modules that are shared between the two cards.

Do "lspci -k". This will list the kernel modules that each pci device uses.
If they are not the same module for both the SAS and SCSI card, you can try
an "rmmod mptscsi" (or whatever driver the mpt scsi card uses). If that
works, put a "blacklist mptscsi" line into a new file in /etc/modprobe.d
(eg, blacklist-my-scsi-card.conf), and run "update-initramfs -u -k all" to
make it permanent on reboot.

If you want to undo the change in the future, just remove the file doing
the blacklist, do the update-initramfs again, and modprobe the appropriate
module.

Pat