[geeks] HP CrapRAID problem

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 07:56:01 CDT 2014

If you have the authority, return the server to the supplier and get one
with a hardware raid.  It sounds like the sales gal sold you the wrong
product.

The HP servers that I used at work had a nice hardware raid and was fairly
easy to set up.  The hardware raid card was accessed during the boot
process.  The only issue was figuring out when to hit the f-key needed to
access the firmware configuration program on the card since we usually only
needed to get into the raid card to setup the raid.  The hardware raid
itself rarely needed attention.