[geeks] Virtualization Smackdown

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 09:34:22 CDT 2014

> xen-tools is a near magical method for creating Debian instances -
> debootstrap does the heavy lifting and you get a new domU instance
> super easily.

I think that's what I used when I was goofing with Xen on Debian. It wasn't
rocket science I am happy to admit.

> What distro do you use - RHEL?

Currently Debian or Ubuntu Server on account of the no-cost price tag.

> Also, what did you mean by patching Xen?

If you use Citrix XenServer (free edition with no support) you can't patch
the XenServer from XenCenter, you have to download and apply patches by
hand at the CLI. Kinda defeats the object of using a management GUI...

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog
http://twitter.com/mdbenson