[geeks] Anyone have exp with/alternatives for this

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 16:53:07 CST 2014

Hello all,

I was thinking it might be interesting/ useful to be able to put two 2.5" SATA
drives in a 3.5" bay WITH the two drives being in RAID 0/1 and having the
SATA/Power connectors positioned identically to a standard 3.5" SATA drive. My
research turned up this item:

http://www.icydock.com/goods.php?id=121

But it is discontinued...

To be clear, I'm not just looking for a two in one mounting solution, the tray
needs to have a built-in controller that provides RAID 0/1. The connectors
(SATA and Power) need to be positioned as they would be on a standard 3.5"
drive so I could install the dual 2.5" tray in a hot-swap drive tray.

Any pointers would be appreciated.