[geeks] Open appeal to all Androiderati

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Tue Nov 4 21:17:14 CST 2014

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running Kit Kat (4.4.2).  It's rooted
> using the towelroot exploit in order for a few things like Root
> Explorer and Titanium Backup to work.  Sometime not that long after
> rooting it, it "forgot" its home screen wallpaper, and now every time
> it goes into powersave mode, it forgets the home screen wallpaper
> again and reverts to just a blank blue desktop.  I can sometimes
> get it to keep a desktop for a while by setting the wallpaper and
> then immediately rebooting it.  The _*lock*_ screen is completely
> unaffected and retains its setting perfectly.
>
> Anyone have any ideas or hints?

Could be a corrupt preferences database... have you tried doing a
'factory wipe' on it?  If you don't want the nuclear option... maybe
digging around in the apps and find whatever looks like it might be the
'app' that provides that functionality and wipe its data.  You might
have to reset more than just the wallpaper at that point, but it might
also start saving it from that point forward.

--
Michael Parson
Austin, TX