[geeks] [rescue] Guns - what are they good for? - was Re: TME and Apple II and other Drive emulator questions.

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri May 16 05:52:13 CDT 2014

Before Sears became a nationwide chain with a physical presence
beverywhereb, the bice pickb was the most used murder weapon.  (Ice
was
sold in big blocks and the ice pick was used to break the the ice up.  Ice
makers didnbt exist at the time.)  After Sears became a beverywhereb
store
and Craftsman became a well known brand, the blong blade screwdriverb
displaced the ice pick as the most used murder weapon.  (I guess ice cube
trays, refrigerators, and ice machines killed the ice pick.)

Now that Sear has shrunk and no longer has an beverywhereb presence, I
venture a guess that something WalMart sells is the most used murder
weapon.  Maybe something from Trader Joes or Ikea?  In the news, the knife
is making a come back.

The point is that guns were never the most used weapon for murders.

I received the ice pick and Craftsman screw driver info decades ago from
both a cop (detective) and either the St. Petersburg Times or a network
news magazine.  (I keep my ice picks and screwdrivers under lock and key,
btw.)