[geeks] Plugable USB 3.0 hubs revisited - Mac OS X

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 06:16:02 CDT 2014

Hi,

I asked aeons ago about USB 3.0 hubs here and several recommended a
Plugable one. Well I finally bought one about 16 months later and sure
as eggs it works just great. I bought the 10port wit hthe flip-up charge
ports.

I came across an oddity, however. In Mac OS X (10.9.4) on my Mac Mini,
the System Profiler doesn't show any of the USB 3.0 devices attached to
the hub. It shows USB 2.0 devices okay, just not USB 3.0. The dvices
*work* just fine so it's no biggy, but it just seems odd. Stuff attached
driectly to the Mac Mini shows up okay.

Anyone else fallen over this issue?

--

Mark Benson