[geeks] Seriously?

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 11:30:45 CDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> A one terabyte notebook HD in a case would likely be just as fast, a bit
> larger, and one-tenth the price.
>
> I understand paying a premium for smaller, but that's insane - I an
> hard-pressed to figure out why, outside of a Hollywood spy thriller, anyone
> would need such a thing/justify the expense.

We transfer a lot of data between clients and our processing servers.  How
the data is sent is up to the client: if the value is greater than 'a GB'
it's usually by external USB drive.

Sometimes the 'technical POC' at a client isn't very technical.  They get
the job done, but their real job is 'lawyer' or 'para-legal' or the like.

I can see a client finding this, and deciding to eschew 'wires' for
plugging a thumb drive in.  Hey: the cost to ship would be lower ..

--
Brian Dunbar

"Display some adaptability"