[geeks] SCSI card for 9111-285 Intellistation

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 09:22:59 CDT 2014

On 22/07/2014 15:05, Andrew Jones wrote:

> PCI cards are keyed/notched for voltage.  You're probably trying to put
> a 5v card in a 3.3v slot. (5v cards/slots were always more common in
> consumer gear.)
>
> At the very least, you'll need to dig up a 3.3v or "universal" card.  I
> can't speak to the specific requirements for IBM firmware or AIX
> compatibility.

The card I have is a genuine IBM card, FRU:73H3562 or a 4_A (rear
identification sticker) for RS/6000 but I think, looking at the lay out
of relative ages of cards, the older PCI RS/6000s were 5V and the newer
ones use 3.3V cards (mostly in 64-bit slots).

I know GXT4500P and GXT6500P cards fit the machine and they are
universal, so maybe that's something to look for.

--

Mark