[geeks] SCSI card for 9111-285 Intellistation

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Tue Jul 22 09:05:33 CDT 2014

On 07/22/2014 03:29 AM, Mark Benson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a SCSI card to attach external SCSI devices to my
> Intellistation 285. I bought one but it had the wrong key notch to fit
> the PCI slots. Any IBM luminaries know which models of card fit this beast?
>
> Thanks,

PCI cards are keyed/notched for voltage.  You're probably trying to put
a 5v card in a 3.3v slot. (5v cards/slots were always more common in
consumer gear.)

At the very least, you'll need to dig up a 3.3v or "universal" card.  I
can't speak to the specific requirements for IBM firmware or AIX
compatibility.