[geeks] fax from Solaris and/or Linux?

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Mon Dec 16 08:57:48 CST 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 07:02:47AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Hylafax?
>
> http://www.hylafax.org/content/Solaris_Packages

Thanks, Lionel. That's a good site, I found it this morning. It has a lot of
general modem information on it. I've been going over it. The binary
packages are old (Solaris 8) but I compile most everything anyway.

Do regular PC-grade PCI and PCI-E cards work in Sun Fire Servers with
"compatible" slots? A Dynamode card looks even cheaper than a USB model if
not as flexible.

I try to over-research things because I'm not too handy with UNIX/Linux
etc. and stuff here is hard to find and expensive. If I can find a
known-good recipe that will make things easier. If nobody has a setup
working right now with USB or PCI then I'll look over the hylafax mailing
list and see if I can find out what people are using. Thank you.