[geeks] Mac Pro 1,1 slow death (video)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Dec 11 15:45:41 CST 2013

Am 11.12.13 01:22, schrieb Shannon:
> However, Apple has not updated the Mini in well over a year, and usually
> that means it is better to wait until they do.
I suspect Apple will do quite soon. The MacBook Air, MacBook Pro Retina
and the iMac where updated to Haswell CPUs and thus Intel Iris Pro
graphics over the last few months. The new Mac Pro will be Haswell right
from the start. The Mac Mini (and the low end, non-Retina MacBook Pro)
is the only remaining system based on Ivy-Bridge. A update is overdue.

On the other side: I terms of CPU power Haswell is only a very slight
improvement. At the end of the day, I suspect no real difference from
Ivy-Bridge to Haswell. You need to decide i you _really_ need more then
the GPU power of the Ivy-Bridge HD4000 GPU. But the soon to come Mac
Mini may have a dedicated GPU again like the older models? Hmmm?
Do you really need it?
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen