[geeks] Enterprise SATA hard drive recommendations

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 13:10:30 CST 2013

Is there an issue with the Seagates that precludes you from simply replacing
them directly?

My home Dell T605 has 4x WD RED drives, but my drives are fairly low- usage.
I'm about to build- out a 1U server with dual 250G WD RED drives in RAID 1 for
OS and dual Seagate ES 1T drives in RAID 1 for storage space. I'm using the
REDs because I have them on-hand, and I got a deal on the Seagate ES drives.

Lionel