[geeks] Anyone using Mac OS X Server?

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 06:25:54 CDT 2013

We moved our iTunes collection to a newly acquired Mac Mini and turned on
Home Sharing.  Sharing iTunes works well enough to be enjoyable listening
on our iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks.  Plus we "recovered" space on our
MacBook Air's SSD.

We are considering purchasing OS X Server.  The cost is minimal, $20.  But
what are the advantages?  We only want to use our Mac Mini on our internal,
home network.  Is anyone using OS X Server on their home network?  If so,
what do you use it for?  We also use Ubuntu laptops.  How can the Ubuntu
laptops use the resources that OS X provides?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!