[geeks] Quiet CFLs

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sun Sep 30 19:42:14 CDT 2012

On 09/30/12 19:38, Jonathan Patschke wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2012, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>> At this point I'd go with LEDs anyway.  I don't intend to buy any more CFLs.
>
> If I felt like redoing all the fixtures in my house, I'd consider that.

We've had to replace more than half our fixtures anyway because they've
been overheated by incandescent bulbs over periods of decades.  And
that's where the lighting wasn't totally inadequate in the first place.
 I swear I do not understand what it is with people who think a single
sixty-watt bulb is adequate illumination in ANY room.  A *closet*, maybe....

> As things stand, I just want light bulbs that don't buzz.  In this world
> of people carrying constantly-networked supercomputers in their pockets,
> it seems like such a modest request.

Funny.  I always thought a constantly-networked supercomputer would be
more capable.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.