[geeks] ZFS on linux anyone?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri May 18 17:48:09 CDT 2012

I just installed the ZFS on linux kernel drivers on a VM I have laying
around.  I got decent performance out of it even though the disk was
virtualized.  I ran bonnie on it and saw 50-60Mbytes/second for reads
and 30Mbytes/sec writes (not bad on the older hardware I was using it
on).  I haven't fully tested it yet, like with snapshots etc. however.

Has anyone been using ZFS on Linux for a while?  What do you think of
it?  BTRFS will not be ready to go for some time, I think.

--Patrick