[geeks] linux box upgrade

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 21:23:40 CDT 2012

Joshua,

Just to pick nits - the SandyBridge core i chips have the graphics controller
in the CPU, first-geni core i chips rely on what is in the controller chips
(just like previous Intel & AND CPUs do)...

The new SandyBridge graphics are very usable for what I would term 'general
computing', but as a caveat I've not tried Blu-Ray playback on any of my
computers other than a Dell first-gen i7 quad-core laptop (a 17" beast with
discrete graphics)...

Lionel

On Mar 27, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> I don't have any experience with the graphics in the original Core i
devices.