[geeks] Low-cost AMD E-350 MB at Newegg

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 17:39:31 CDT 2012

Hello all,

I just ordered one, and thought a few here might be interested as well
- over at Newegg.com they have an AMD E-350 MB on sale for very little
money ($50 after $30 rebate) that has some nice features and a low
price (IMHO):

- it has a PCI expansion slot, while slow, it lets you use older expansion cards
- it uses DDR3 memory (currently the cheapest form of RAM available -
8 Gigs for $35 is fairly common)
- it can take a 4 Gig DDR3 DIMM in each slot, and with two slots, 8
Gig of RAM is possible
- only two SATA ports on-board
- 8 USB ports onback, with two more headers on-board
- it has an HDMI connector for video (also a VGA port)
- the integrated Radeon HD 6310 supports DX11 graphics under Windows 7
- Atheros gigabit Ethernet port
- It's $50 + tax, after $30 rebate

The E-350 is a low-power CPU, as is the Turion found in the HP
MicroServer and the Intel Atom found in countless netbooks - this site
has a performance comparison between these three CPUs:

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/AMD-Zacate-E350-Processor-Performance-Preview/

Thought others might be interested - I haven't got mine yet, just
ordered it this afternoon...

--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com