[geeks] Nothing is safe anymore (smartphone division)

mail at catsnest.co.uk mail at catsnest.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 08:43:54 CDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>wrote:

> Oh, I truncated my thought.  I meant to finish with the observation that
> now, of course, that password gives access to everything else you do
> through Google ... which is why I try to avoid using Google for
> everything as some people do.  Contacts, search, mapping, G+, and
> nothing else.  And if I could restrict it (not from the phone side) to
> ONLY allowing the phone access to contacts, I would.

Security by obscurity get a WebOS phone ;)

Some time before the year after next it should be a fully Open OS and you
will be able to see what's being sent where in the code.
I do hope they will keep the Palm profile servers going I do like having
the none Google backup for contacts.

Ritchie

--
<-- http://23.me.uk/2 -->
<--Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.  -->