[geeks] Deltect T2000 UPS

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Mar 7 19:49:46 CST 2012

On 03/07/2012 08:36 PM, Shannon wrote:
> My Deltec/Compaq T2000 UPS battery pack died. I unhooked the batteries
> (they were smoking...) and the unit continued to work.
>
> About a day later is shut off and won't cut back on.

It must be one of those weeks.  This happened to my APC SU3000RMXL3U
over the weekend:

http://www.babcom.com/public/SU3000RM3U.jpg

Muffled bang, simultaneous with all machines suddenly going dark and
quiet.  About seven or eight seconds, as I get up and walk over to the
deckhouse door, open the door, and take two steps into the deckhouse.
*LOUD BANG* and I'd swear I saw a white flash through the ventilation
slots in the front cover.  Smoke starts drifting out of the UPS.

"Well, crap."  Quickly unplug the 30A power cable...

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.