[geeks] Deltect T2000 UPS

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Mar 7 19:36:26 CST 2012

My Deltec/Compaq T2000 UPS battery pack died. I unhooked the batteries
(they were smoking...) and the unit continued to work.

About a day later is shut off and won't cut back on.

I thought I might ask if anyone could think of any reason why it might
have done that. It is a true sine-wave UPS so its possible it has to
have a battery pack and only worked for 1-2 days on a fluke, but I
figure it can't help to ask.

The manual actually shows the unit running without a battery pack, but
gives no indication on how long it will run like that or if there is any
limit at all. It says to do that when replacing the batteries.

This thing is 2000VA and hard for me to replace right now. Batteries are
$175 for a set, and I could almost buy a pair of APC 1500VA UPS for that
much money.

The APC units are not as nice: the Deltec is a true sine-wave "online"
UPS, but I wonder if it really matters enough for the cost of getting it
running again versus the flexibility of a pair of UPS.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-keys which had a name of 0x5936BC24.asc]