[geeks] insurance for independent contractor

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Feb 16 15:43:14 CST 2012

Hello guys,

I do a lot of work as an independent contractor. Not so much a desire to
run a business, but just because a lot of the work locally is under
1099-MISC tax code and you have to be a licensed business to take the job.

I've done this for about 10 years but now the local shipyard where I
have done some work off and on since 2004 wants liability and workman's
compensation insurance.

I've never had to have that before as an individual UNIX guy, and
wondered if any of you have any experience with it.

I'm wondering which companies are decent to work with, and what the
costs are likely to be.

Thanks.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-keys which had a name of 0x5936BC24.asc]