[geeks] [rescue] little low-wattage servers

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:43:48 CST 2012

At $100 for 8 Gigs of DDR3 ECC RAM it's at least double the going (discounted)
price for similar, non-ECC RAM, but the price difference is only $50...

I took advantage of a recent newegg sale and got five 8 Gig DDR3 kits for
$25/each, but that was an exceptional (IMHO) deal...

I prefer/trust Crucial for memory upgrades:

http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/HP+-+Compaq-memory/ProLiant/Proliant+MicroServ
er-upgrades.html

I'll probably get ECC RAM for it, but I'll also probably try one of my $25
kits also...

Lionel