[geeks] any thoughts for hardening w7?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Dec 21 09:26:37 CST 2012

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
"
" The Microsoft Security Essentials product is free, and is actually worth every
" penny! ;^)
"
" Seriously, coupled with 'safe' Internet practices, it's typically all an
" average user needs...
"
" (I understand you wanted to 'harden' the OS, but thought I'd mention this just
" the same.)

hmmm...  i'll have to look at that.

i probably won't do half what the cisecurity doc recommends, but i'd
like to know where i stand and what i'm giving up/away.