[geeks] router[s] sought

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Dec 4 22:24:03 CST 2012

> The thing is, unmanaged 10/100/1000 base-T switches, in 5-port and
> 8-port guise, are stupid cheap these days; there's no reason to use
> anything slower.

Actually, I disagree.  "I already have it on hand" is a perfectly good
reason.

For that matter, so is "it's a hub rather than a switch, so I can
easily snoop all the traffic", in at least some cases.  (And, as far as
I know, hubs don't exist above 10Mb - am I wrong in thinking that?)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org