[geeks] Replacing a Mac Pro 2006

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon Dec 3 15:43:10 CST 2012

On Mon, 3 Dec 2012 15:51:25 -0500, Nathan Raymond wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > That's something I've also considered but no Linux = No
> > professional-grade photography workflow management software
> > (Aperture or Lightroom, basically) so

Aftershot Pro. Downloadable as a trial, and seriously worth a look.

> I have to chuckle, btw - you clearly like open standards, but you use
> a camera system (Canon) that doesn't embrace them...  One of the
> reasons I use Pentax is that while it has a proprietary RAW format
> (PEF) they've always supported DNG, and in some of their latest
> cameras (like the Q) the only RAW format is DNG.

The more seriously you take photography, the more painful it becomes to
switch camera systems. I've spent 10-15 times as much on glass as
cameras (Canon 1ds3 as the main beast, and a Leica M8 as the
'compact').

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  If you play the Windows CD backwards you hear a satanic message.