[geeks] Looking for a Modern Motherboard w/ Dual Floppy Support

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Apr 10 14:37:11 CDT 2012

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:29:17 -0400
"J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks at mac.com> wrote:

> However, since what I'm looking for is more often operations than
> preservation
OK. All you need is reading and writing ordinary PeeCee floppies?
Well, yes, in this case DiscFerret and KyroFlux are not the right tool.

IIRC I've seen external 3.5" floppies with USB interface. Maybe you can
get one of these and connect a 5.25" floppy on the internal floppy
interface?

> Can you fill me in, on what the DiskFerret, and it's accompanying
> software support, or point me to an appropriate resource?
Unfortunately no. I know DiscFerret and KyroFlux from some discussions
on the clasiccmp mailing list. Thats all. All I can sugest is to ask
Philip Pemberton, the author of DiscFerret. He seems to be supportive
and nice to deal with on the clasiccmp mailing list.
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}