[geeks] Looking for a Modern Motherboard w/ Dual Floppy Support

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Tue Apr 10 13:29:17 CDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 01:18:49 -0400
> "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a need to still use a 3.5" and a 5.25" floppy drive
> Maybe this is a cannon, where all you need is a hand gun:
>
> http://www.discferret.com/wiki/DiscFerret
<snip>

Jochen,

I am, indeed, aware of the DiscFerret, and also the KyroFlux.
However, since what I'm looking for is more often operations than
preservation, I'm not sure they're the right tools for the job.  For
instance, I believe that currently, the KF can only write Amiga disks,
though it can read many formats.  And, quite honestly, I have no idea
what formats the DF writes, or even if it can do that, as the
wiki/home page is rather sparse, and I can't find any documentation in
the downloadable tarball, or in the source repo.

Can you fill me in, on what the DiskFerret, and it's accompanying
software support, or point me to an appropriate resource?

Thanks!
- Alex