[geeks] Looking for a Modern Motherboard w/ Dual Floppy Support

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Tue Apr 10 09:27:39 CDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:
> What sort of processor/RAM capacity are you looking for?
>
> There are add-in floppy controllers, is that not an option?
>
> Lionel

Honestly, I'd prefer a board that is as small as possible.  And, an
Intel Socket 775 (Core series), or AMD Socket AM2/AM3 would be
preferable, since those are readily available, and cheap (and use
DDR2/DDR3 memory, which is also cheap).

As far as add-in floppy controllers, I'd love one.  Do you know of
one, other than the Catweasel?  AFAIK, the Catweasel has very poor
support for anything but Windows XP.  Last time I checked, for
instance, the Linux driver development was dead.

Thanks!
- Alex