[geeks] On the subject of mainframes...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 12:09:17 CDT 2011

Congrats on getting started - I've been interested in trying something
similar, my first two jobs were mainframe (operations, then
programmer/analyst) and I'd like to see how much I remember from those days...
Of course, I'd like to get MVS/XA running, with a COBOL build environment and
some ISPF-like interface, possibly a version of CICS and IMS/DB as well, but I
fear they are still not freely available.

I wouldn't 'need' MVS/XA, but that is what I 'cut my teeth on'...

Lionel