[geeks] Has anyone used power-line communications?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 17:33:39 CDT 2011

I've used first-gen, 14 Mbit units in my house successfully, it was a stop-gap
measure until I wired the house, but they were better than nothing, and faster
than I was getting out of my ISP at the time. Newer retail units claim 85 Mbit
or greater, I have to believe they work better...

EMI/RFI concerns of others noted - one thing I learned quickly was that they
couldn't be behind a surge protector on either end.

HTH,

Lionel