[geeks] windows 2000 migration

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:21:39 CDT 2011

Applications? I don't think those 'transfer' between machines typically.

Is this a Dell PC? You could probably upgrade with an OEM WinXP Pro disc then
upgrade in place, but that would, IMHO, be a bad idea. Keeping 'kruft' from
Win2K and skipping over XP and Vista to arrive at Win 7 would leave the system
in a questionable state (think/fear).

Better to just copy files over the NIC IMHO.

Lionel