[geeks] radiolightning arrester??

Bob rjtoegel at verizon.net
Mon Jul 25 23:16:20 CDT 2011

 On 07/25/11, Jonathan Katz<jon at jonworld.com> wrote:Geeks,

I've found the following in my home (identical to this.) ... actually it
was
burried in an inch of dirt and I found it whilst planting a shrub.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-lightning-rod-r
adio-cobalt-tren
ton

Could be but the terminal on the right seems to say home but I can't make
out the label on the right.  Rather than a lightning arrestor, I'm going
to guesstimate it to be just an insulator.  At one time they would carry
power on a pair of parallel wires held apart by insulators, some were to
be mounted to a structure.  At the time this was probably made, parallel
wire was used for transmission lines.  If it was a lightning arrestor,
there should be three terminals, two fro the parallel wires and one for
the ground.

Bob