[geeks] Voip options

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jul 20 10:52:01 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:37:28AM -0400, Mouse wrote:
>[%] Voice has been carried over IP for a lot longer than most people
>    realize.  What's (relatively) recent is doing so over the open
>    Internet (as opposed to dedicated private links).

If they had been done properly, we would be having parties for the expiration
of the VocalTech patents, whom we all would have been paying license fees.

The first ones would of expired a few years ago, and newer ones just about
now.

Never paid any royalties to VocalTech? Never heard of them? Patents? What
Patents?

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.