[geeks] tablets?

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Wed Jul 20 10:24:02 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Mouse <mouse at rodents-montreal.org> wrote:
>>> Any other options or suggestions?
>> There is a metric butload of (cheap, chinese) iPad clones out there
>> that run Android.

There are also some quality Android tablets.  The Barnes & Noble Nook
Color is an excellent cheap Android tablet, with a bit of hacking.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab (7") is a very capable tablet, and it's
starting to be fairly cheap, as it has been replaced by the new 10"
model.  The Asus eee Pad Transformer is a very well-made 10" tablet.

All of these are good options, and I've heard good things about the
Acer Iconia, as well.  I dunno if any of these are available easily,
in Israel, though.

Good luck!
- Alex