[geeks] server wanted

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Jul 18 09:24:38 CDT 2011

On 07/18/11 09:56, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I also have a pair of Tyan server MBs that take Socket 775 (intel) CPUs, with
> dual NICs, etc. Again, unused, but in this case I have the MB model numbers in
> front of me (Tyan S5162, Tomcat i7230W) and quad core socket 775 CPUs are
> pretty affordable now - if interested I'll come up with a number for them.
> They have 4x memory slots, support 8 Gig ram, and use DDR2 ram.

You just spurred me to see if multicore CPUs are available to fit my
Tyan i7320R.

....That would appear to be a NO.  As a matter of fact, the i7320R
appears to have mPGA604 sockets, and NewEgg (for one) list NO CPUs
whatsoever for that socket.  Not one.  Nada.  Zip.

Maybe I need to look for a new board that'll fit into that case...

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.