[geeks] Mac definitions

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sat Jul 16 08:02:40 CDT 2011

" From: Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com>
"
" []
"
" ... a lot of cars have traction control but its just
" disabled if you didn't buy the option.
"
" My Mazda 3 was ordered without it, but all the parts are actually
" present if I could talk them into installing the computer module and the
" wiring.
"
" Its probably just cheaper for Mazda to use a single braking system and
" just skip the computer module and testing if the option was not ordered.

i wouldn't be surprised if the wiring is there too, for the same
reason - cheaper to make only one harness.  and the 'module' might be
only code in the pcm, already present.  only the key to enable it is
missing...

police pkg jeep cherokees had an 'idle up' switch - bump the idle in
park and neutral from 700 to 1200 to get more juice from the alt for
all that police gear...  well, it turns out all auto-tranny cherokees
have the ecm feature, they're just lacking the switch.