[geeks] Mac definitions

Bob rjtoegel at verizon.net
Fri Jul 15 22:05:31 CDT 2011

>Perhaps. But why stop at stupidity? Why not allow athsma,
>nearsightedness, hfmophilia, diabetes, delusional paranoia, depression,
>etc, to select against their sufferers?

<snip>

>Furthermore, I'm not sure we _want_ to let perceived goodness of
>individuals drive what gets kept in the gene pool. There's a word for
>that, a word with negative connoations - and IMO deservedly so, because
>once started this doesn't stop easily, and, historically, it goes in
>some very ugly directions. (The word I refer to is "eugenics".)

It's more of a tongue-in-cheek joke.  I don't think we are smart enough
to make those decisions.  And I hope we never are able to "select" until
we are.

I've met a few people in my life who, with all the "training" and life
experiences to learn from, have done such dumb things, I begin to wonder
if it's genetic. :-)

Now is about time for me to have a "senior moment".

Bob