[geeks] Mac definitions

Bob rjtoegel at verizon.net
Fri Jul 15 16:45:43 CDT 2011

>talc and asbestos are just different crystal forms of the same mineral
>and often occur together and/or cross-contaminate. they are
>impossible to separate.

Actually, they are chemically and structurally different.  Still could be
a problem.

>the basic propellant/explosive for airbags is sodium azide, a single
>component that undergoes structural reorganization and liberates
>nitrogen when ignited.

The problem is the left over sodium.  I know that can be dealt with in
various ways but still can produce some particulate materials.  From what
little I've read, they were phasing out azides in the 90s cause they were
somewhat toxic and expensive compared to other chemicals.

Bob