[geeks] Mac definitions

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Jul 15 15:11:19 CDT 2011

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
"
" I know my '67 mustang is exempt from NJ seatbelt laws because they weren't yet
" standard equipment on the mustang until much later, dunno about other
" states...

'much later' = 1968, when they became law...  the 'stang is one of the
few american cars i know of that had shoulder belts available in '67.
you're likely to find anchor holes for them behind the trim if you
look.

btw lap belts became law in '66.  if your son's car has no belts, look
closely at where they ought to be.

i would expect pre-regulation cars to be exempt from those regs
everywhere, grandfathered.