[geeks] Mac definitions

Bob rjtoegel at verizon.net
Tue Jul 12 21:38:02 CDT 2011

There is a documented real case of that on early Ford Mondeo (EU sedan)
models, If you stuck a hard enough boot in the front bumper the airbag
went
off and the door unlocked. A lot got stolen so Ford had to revise that
design
:)

> Seriously, I don't know.

Part of me thyinks they do still work when the ignition is off as they
wouldn't be much use if you got swiped in a stopping lane otherwise. Also
know when removing a Land Rover steering wheel airbag module you are
instructed to disconnect the battery and wait 15-20 mins for the system
discharge before you remove the module. That indicates to me the systems
on
the cars I've come across at least are always live.

Most people who trash cars with bats rarely put that much thought into
the
process and are usually taking out frustration so the more they get to
hit the
car, the better :P

--
Mark Benson

My understanding is that replacing an air bag is quite dangerous because
they
can go off while being replaced.  Fire resistant/proof gloves, face
shields are
supposedly standard fare.

BTW, I was showing my sons that video on a slow computer and they
noticed,
since it was showing the video frame by frame, that the 1959 car appeared
have no engine in it!  Could explain why it rotated more than the 2009
car
even though it should have been heavier.  Disabling the comments also is
a bit suspicious.  I dunno...

Bob