[geeks] Mac definitions (was: Smart phone data usage)

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Jul 8 10:29:38 CDT 2011

On 7/8/2011 11:12 AM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Bill Green<bill at supposedly.org>
> "
> "  On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 20:55:02 -0500 (CDT), Jonathan Patschke
> "<jp at celestrion.net>  wrote:
> ">  I think we're already there.  Do driver-education courses even teach
> ">  about
> ">  driving without ABS anymore?
> "
> "  Mine certainly didn't 10 years ago (or much of anything else for that
> "  matter).
> "  Glad I learned on a car that didn't have it.
>
> for most driver ed, 'car control' means 'being able to make 3-pt
> turns'.	:^/

Sadly, standard Driver's Ed is nothing more than what you need to pass
the license test plus some scare stories about driving while
intoxicated.  If you want any sort of lesson on car control, accident
avoidance, or even operating a manual transmission, you'd need to look
elsewhere after you get your license.

     -Dan