[geeks] Mac definitions

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Jul 8 08:40:32 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 08:18:46AM +0200, Jonathan Groll wrote:
> Couldn't have put it better. I can understand where some of the Ubuntu
> hatred is coming from a UI point-of-view (Unity has caused a lot of
> disunity), but I don't get the dissing of DEBIAN.
>
> Especially for folks who are happy without a GUI, in my seriously
> biased worldview the Debian environment is a very very good general
> purpose server/desktop, esepcially if one needs to work with the most
> modern F/OSS packages.

Back when I switched from Debian to Ubuntu on the desktop, Ubuntu seemed
like a better sweet spot between stable and unstable than Debian did.
That was 5-6 years ago though.

Today, does Debian have the ability to run stock stable with certain
packages upgraded to bleeding edge through PPAs (or something similar)?
Maybe my GoogleFu is bring up info but it doesn't particularly look
supported...