[geeks] Mac definitions

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Jul 7 13:58:36 CDT 2011

Not that I'm Jonathan.  But...

> [...] and forgo technologies that everyone else takes for granted.
> (Example: last time I knew, Patrick Volkerding had declared that he
> saw no reason why Slackware should ever support PAM.

Oh?  That's a remarkably sane point of view.  (One of the last things I
want is security-critical programs doing dynamic loading of code, and
that, as I understand it, is critical to PAM.)

> No LDAP auth for you!)

Huh?  What's that got to do with PAM?  There's no reason a non-PAM LDAP
auth backend can't be (written and) linked into a static login(1).

> ...Have you looked at Gentoo?

Not really, though it's high on my look-at-first list if I ever get to
seriously considering Linux.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org