[geeks] Smart phone data usage

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Jul 7 10:56:14 CDT 2011

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> Interesting. Someone complained on the Israel Mac list it stopped working
> and Apple's docs pointed to using a UNIX socket instead of a TCP one.

There's some silly thing I had to do with the 'defaults' command back in
10.6.2 or so.  I've since forgotten what it was, but no recent update has
broken it.

> Did you download and install the X Darwin server?

I don't think so.  My experience had been that keeping it running is a
challenge, since Apple's updates stomp all over it.

#include <rants/osx/stupid-package-tracking-system.h>

--
Jonathan Patschke |
Elgin, TX         | "He who is contented is rich." -- Lao Tzu