[geeks] Smart phone data usage

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Jul 7 10:32:34 CDT 2011

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> Yes, I know OSX includes X windows but the keyboard support is broken and
> the latest security update removed TCP/IP support.

I can't speak to the keyboard problems, but remote display of applications
works fine for me.

   [jp at viper:~]$ uname -srn
   Darwin viper.celestrion.net 10.8.0
   [jp at viper:~]$ xhost +
   access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
   [jp at viper:~]$ ssh -o ForwardX11=no jp at shell \
     'DISPLAY=viper:0 xdpyinfo | head -2'
   name of display:    viper:0.0
   version number:    11.0

If they'd ever fix their focus bugs, I'd be pretty happy with Apple's X11
distribution.

--
Jonathan Patschke |
Elgin, TX         | "He who is contented is rich." -- Lao Tzu