[geeks] Smart phone data usage

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Jul 6 17:48:24 CDT 2011

On 7/6/2011 5:35 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Great solid data. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks :)

I have a Droid 2 on Verizon, the last three months for me were 342MB,
184MB, 313MB.

I'd say my usage is similar to Michael, it checks three email accounts,
daily light web browsing, fair amount of app downloads, regular, but not
frequent navigation with google maps.  My phone is not able to do
netflix, I don't tether to my laptop, and rarely do anything like youtube.

Another datapoint, my fiancee used 1109MB,  845MB, and 968MB the last
three months.  She has a Droid on Verizon, and has similar data use to
mine except that she doesn't ever connect via wi-fi, and regularly uses
pandora streaming radio.

     -Dan Sikorski